The PDW-F1600 is a compact HD recorder which provides outstanding picture quality of MPEG HD422 as well as an eight-channel (HD-SDI), 24-bit audio recording capability. The foundation of the PDW-F1600 deck incorporates the features of the PDW-HD1500, and acts as more than just a file-based recording deck. With its insert/assemble editing capability, it can be used as a recorder in a linear editing system - just like a conventional VTR. 23.98P and SD legacy formats are supported as standard. It has the ability to operate on AC, DC or power and with its large 4.3-inch* LCD and built-in speaker, it performs as a versatile and high-quality recorder which is suitable for both in-house and field operations. It comes equipped with a multi-format up/down converter, which is highly useful when employing both HD- and SD-format materials at the same time. *Measured diagonally
• HD recording at up to 50 Mb/s using MPEG HD422
• Support for existing XDCAM HD and XDCAM SD formats as standard
• 1080i and 720P recording
• Dual-layer disc (50 GB, PFD50DLA) and single-layer disc (23.3 GB, PFD23A) support
• Long recording time (at 50 Mb/s); Approximately 95 minutes on dual-layer disc and 43 minutes on single-layer disc
• Thumbnail operation
• Proxy data and metadata recording
• Built-in up-conversion to HD from SDI input when recording
• HD/SD conversion and cross conversion between 1080 and 720 at the output during playback
• Multi-format compact HD/SD Recorder
• Video format (4:2:2 HD 1080 50i, 59.94i)
• High-quality eight-channel audio recording
• Dual optical pick-up for higher-speed file transfer
• 4.3-inch type* color LCD display
• Tilt up front panel
• VTR-like jog/shuttle operation
• Video control (via front panel and remote)
• Compact and lightweight at 13 lb 14 oz (6.3 kg) in a half-rack width
• AC, DC, or battery powered
• * Ethernet interface
• * i.LINK interface
Recording Bit Rates: MPEG-2 422p@HL format - Bit rate is 50Mbps for both 1080 and 72 - Audio Format 24bit x 8ch
Multi-Format & Legacy Format Support: Legacy formats (DVCAM, MPEG IMX® 30/40/50 Mbps, MPEG HD 420 18*/25/35Mbps) are supported for both recording and playback as standard.
Record Time: Longer recording time with the Dual Layer Professional Disc Media. The single layer disc is also supported 50GB: Single layer (23.3GB) Dual MPEG HD 422 (50Mbps) Approx. 43 min. Approx. 95 min. MPEG HD 420 (35Mbps) Approx. 60 min. Approx. 145 min MPEG HD 420 (25Mbps) Approx. 90 min. Approx. 190 min MPEG IMX (50Mbps) Approx. 45 min. Approx. 100 min. DVCAM Approx. 85 min. Approx. 185 min.
Dual Optical Pick-up: Provides High speed file transfer - FTP Get speed(through Gb-Ethernet) : 220Mbps - i.Link read speed : 200Mbps
Built-in Multi Format Converter: The following conversion is possible in Playback mode: Downconversion from HD to SD, Upconversion from SD to HD, Cross conversion between 1080 and 720.
Control for Linear Editing Player: RS-422A control for linear editing player
Insert/Assemble edit function: F1600 can be used as a recorder for linear editing.