Rent Atomos Shogun Inferno 7″ 4K Recording Monitor
Atomos Shogun Inferno Package Includes:
Atomos Shugun Inferno 7″ 4K Monitor
Master Caddy Case [With 4 Screws]
XLR Break Out Cable
AC Power Adapter
NOGA Cine Arm
2 x 480GB SanDisk Extreme II SSD Drives
Our standard 1 day rental period is 48 hours.
Weekend rentals are billed as a 1 day rental, Friday to Monday!
Replacement Value: $1200
Frequently Rented With
Details and Specs
he Atomos Shogun Inferno is a 7″, 1920 x 1200 on-camera recording monitor that combines 4K recording with a 10-bit FRC panel that supports native display of HDR (log) footage as well as high-brightness viewing of Rec. 709 footage. It utilizes 4K HDMI and 12G-SDI inputs to support clean output signals at resolutions up to UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 60 fps, recording it to 2.5″ SSDs using 10-bit, 4:2:2 Apple ProRes, and Avid DNxHR codecs. The Inferno, unlike the similar Shogun Flame, supports Quad 3G-SDI input. It even supports DCI 4K (4096 x 2160) raw video streams over SDI from select Sony and Canon cameras, encoding it as ProRes/DNxHR files.
The monitor features 10-bit FRC processing and AtomHDR display technology support a 10-stop brightness range, allowing you to more accurately monitor your log gamma footage without having to view flat, washed-out looking images or use a LUT to compress the dynamic range and color space. The monitor offers built-in presets to accurately translate popular log formats from Sony, Canon, Panasonic, ARRI, RED, and JVC cameras. The settings only affect viewing, with recorded video remained unaltered.
In addition to HDR monitoring, the monitor also offers a High Bright mode for traditional Rec. 709 monitoring. This mode takes advantage of the full 1500 cd/m² brightness to allow for more confident monitoring in bright outdoor environments, even without a sun hood. In HDR mode, use of an optional snap-on sun hood is required, as displaying a wider brightness range reduces the overall brightness of the monitor.
Built to withstand the rigors of production, the Shogun Inferno features built-in protective armor that features silicone-covered corners and chamfered edges. Compared to the original Shogun, the Inferno now features dual Sony L-series battery plates that support battery hot swapping, enabling longer runtimes. For audio recording, the monitor supports balanced XLR inputs with +48V phantom power via an included audio breakout cable. Additional features included genlock/LTC input, SDI/HDMI cross conversion, and a variety of on-screen exposure analysis, framing, and focus assist tools.
- 1920 x 1200 resolution
- 10-bit FRC monitoring processing
- 1500 cd/m² brightness
- AtomHDR technology displays 10 stops of dynamic range to natively display HDR (log) footage
- Presets for viewing log gamma curves from Sony, Canon, Panasonic, ARRI, RED, and JVC cameras
- High Bright mode for Rec. 709 viewing
- Supports custom 3D LUTs (.cube format)
- Anamorphic de-squeeze: 2x, 1.5x, 1.33x, Panasonic 8:3
- UHD 4K downscale for HD monitoring
- 4K HDMI and 12G-SDI inputs/outputs
- Four 3G-SDI inputs (or single 12G-SDI)
- SDI/HDMI cross conversion
- Genlock/LTC input
- Audio breakout cable for XLR audio input
- UHD 4K recording at 24/25/30/50/60 fps in ProRes or DNxHR
- 1080p recording up to 240 fps
- 10-bit 4:2:2 ProRes and DNxHR recording to SSD/HDD media
- 4K raw to ProRes/DNxHR recording over SDI from Sony FS700, Sony FS7, Canon C300 Mark II, and Canon C500
- ProRes Raw and ProRes Raw HQ
- Record up to 5.7p30, 4Kp60, HDp240
- Pre-roll record (HD 8 seconds, 4K 2 seconds)
- Custom time-lapse mode
- Ten metadata fields
- Dual Sony L-series battery slots support hot swapping for continuous power
- Built-in armor with silicone-covered corners
- Audio level meters and mic level adjustment
Rent the Atomos Shogun Inferno 7″ 4K Recording Monitor from Deck Hand Camera Rentals Today!